Getting started with MadComponents in Flash
I’ve had some time to do a bit more documentation for MadComponents. I’ve created an illustrated pdf describing the madComponents mark-up language.
Also, I promised instructions about how to get started with MadComponents in Flash. (Flash Builder (Flex) users are likely to be able to figure things out themselves).
So here we go:-
1. Go to the Google Code site, and download the latest version of MadComponentsLib.swc, and also download MadFlash.zip.
2. Copy the library .swc to the libs folder. For Flash CS5, you’ll find this directory at the following path:-
Once you copy it over, this directory will look something like this:-
3. Unzip MadFlash.zip, and open MadFlash.fla.
4. Test the movie in Flash Professional. You may get the following dialogue:-
Click on “Update library path”. (If you don’t get this dialogue, don’t worry).
5. When you see the simulated mobile screen, resize the window to look like the typical dimensions of a mobile screen. (In Flash, MadComponents does not initially resize to fit the window size – but once you resize, it adjusts itself accordingly.)